Wednesday, March 25, 2009

When will the postpartum bleeding stop?

im 3 weeks postpartum and this bleeding doesnt seem to be coming to an end





on average, about how many weeks after baby does the bleeding stop?



4-6 weeks is expected, Are you breast feeding? that can help and usually causes you to bleed less. if you need to call your ob to see if they will reschedule your postpartum appt early so you can discuss some concerns.




Every woman is different when it comes to the bleeding.


I bled for about 6 weeks. Dont worry eventually you will be back to normal.




with my first I bled heavily for 7 weeks and it stopped completely at 8 weeks. With my second I bled heavily for 3 weeks and after 6 weeks it was over.




Mine lasted for about a 2 months staright. And very constintant, almost heavy flow. It will eventually go away.. although you have a few more weeks




i personally lasted 4 full weeks, one week was my heaviest, i stopped A WEEK then started my normal period. i still planned for 6 nasty weeks




I don't remember this detail...I dont' think it was more than 4 weeks.




it could last a while i had a c-section and my postpartum bleeding went on for 5wks.




i had a c-section and bled for 4 weeks. i think it varies with each person. if you are concerned, talk to your doctor

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pregnancy & Parenting

Pregnancy & Parenting