Wednesday, March 25, 2009

15 months old, still not caught up?

My son is 15.5 months old, he was 3 months premature, and his pedi said he should be caught up by now.


Last time he had a doc app. she said she wants to see him walking before his next visit, which is in less than 2 weeks, and hes not walking. But when he saw help me grow they said to not be surprised if he doesn't walk until hes 18 or 19 months, even though hes doing fine. And that he may not be completely caught up until hes 2 years because he was so premature...


Which one should I listen to? Should I be worried?


Also as of 2 weeks ago he weighs 20 pounds 10 ounces, and over a month ago at his last doc visit, he was 21 pounds 5 ounces, why is he losing weight and not gaining?


hes on pediasure and I feel him what hell eat.



My son was born 2 months premature and is 13 months (11 months corrected) Our pedi told us that many preemies don't catch up until 2 years. Your son is still within the "normal" walking range even without taking his prematurity into account. He is really only 12.5 months old! And some term babies don't walk until after 15 months. Our son is only starting to walk right now and he still can only take 2 teetering steps. Our doctor ALWAYS said to follow his corrected age milestones. If he is able to do the things for his chronological age fine, but he was early! I would listen to the Help Me Grow advice. (Is this some sort of therapy he recieves or something?) I am not a doctor but I have researched prematurity due to our son and I think your son sounds fine, especially since he was so early. Maybe you should find another pedi who is more supportive.




I am not sure what to tell but that all kids are different and he will be fine mine is 15 months also he started walking when he turned one but not talking much. Does your talk yet? I have a neighbor that her child started walking when she turned two. Good luck to you. Mine says mama but I don't think he is calling me , he says dada, nono waives his had for no waives byebye when he wants to but doesn't say it. Sometimes I get worried too I know how you are feelling. Don't worrie about the weight he seams he is doing good and sometimes they make mistakes, mine never stays still sitting at the scale.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pregnancy & Parenting

Pregnancy & Parenting